Over the last few weeks, we have been doing our best to support our patients with telehealth appointments and seeing urgent cases only in the office.
Beginning May 1st, we will be starting to see more patients in our offices following a specific protocol to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and listen to recommendations from public health officials.
PLEASE READ: Patient Instructions for Office Appointments
- All patients will be asked to bring and wear a mask the entire time they are in the office. Cloth or other home-made masks are acceptable. We have a very limited supply and cannot provide masks. Any patient who arrives without a mask will be asked to return for a later appointment when they have obtained a mask.
- We will strive to have no more than one patient in the waiting room at a time. Our staff will greet you in the parking lot and review a screening questionnaire with you as well as take your temperature. People with temperature over 100 degrees F will be asked to reschedule at another time. You will be asked to remain in your car until an examination room is prepared.
- New patients should do their intake paperwork ahead of time and bring it in to your appointment. If this is not possible, you must arrive at least 30 minutes before the appointment time and fill out paperwork in your car.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office.
- For children and adult patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient.
- We will not be admitting siblings into the office.
- We ask that if you need to leave a child in your car during your visit, please make sure that they are accompanied by an adult.
- Our physicians and staff will wear masks during all patient encounters.
- We are performing diligent hand washing and extra cleaning precautions.
- Telemedicine appointments will still be available for higher risk patients and for routine follow up issues (like test results, etc).
Please contact us if you have any questions. We appreciate your cooperation and support during this challenging time.